- At this moment there are 27,287 children statewide with 3,298 of them right here in Central Florida who are victims of, or at risk of abuse, neglect and abandonment.
- People can be ready to adopt in as little as eight months.
CBC of Central Florida
- CBCCF was able to find forever homes for 103 children in 2011 and the number is growing.
- Reduced by 25% the number of children removed from their homes, keeping more families together.
- Reunited 69% of children with their families within twelve months of their removal.
- Recruited and retained 95 foster homes for children in need, with a total of 210 beds—more than double the capacity to meet current needs.
- Tightened administrative budgets and reinvested $400,000 in permanency programs for families and children.
The average length of time in care for children through CBCCF is ten months in the tri-county area.